47 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Wedding DJ – The Ultimate Checklist
Choosing a Wedding DJ can be a research-intensive process. We want you to be prepared and well researched in making your decision for your special day. Below is a list we created of the “47 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Wedding DJ” Checklist.
Our Interview below:
- Are you available for my Wedding Day?
- How much notice do you need in advance to be booked?
- Do you offer Free Consultations by Phone, Skype, In Person, etc?
- Can we put a hold on our date?
Your DJ (Who is it? Experience, Dress, Part-time, Full-time, Music Selection)
- Will you be the DJ for my event? Do we have a choice of DJs to choose from? Or is it based on availability or best fit?
- How much experience do you (or your company) have? How long have you been in business?
- Have you worked at this venue before? (not a deal breaker but a bonus if DJ is familiar with venue)
- What sets your Wedding DJ Company apart from others?
- How early do you arrive at the venue?
- Are Weddings your main focus?
- What do you (the DJ) wear? How do you dress up?
- Do you have a sample of your Wedding DJ Music Mixes/ or Playlist?
- Are you Full-time or Part-time DJ?
- How do you stay current with music? Are you DJing regularly?
- Do you assist me in finding music for our ceremony and reception?
- If the crowd is not dancing (maybe they’re shy), how do you get them dancing?
DJ Entertainment: Pricing and Cost (Services offered, Packages)
- Where can I find your pricing? Wedding DJ packages?
- How much do you charge for a 4-Hour Wedding Reception?
- Do your packages include setup and breakdown?
- What do you charge for an extra hour of music?
- Do you charge a travel fee?
- Do you offer additional services (Uplighting, Dance Floor Lighting, Photo Booth, etc)?
Wedding Ceremony (Music, Planning, Equipment, Remote Setup, etc)
- Do you offer Ceremony Music and Sound System setup?
- What is your process for planning music for a ceremony? (From Processional to Recessional)
- What equipment do you use?
- Can you setup remotely (wirelessly)?
- Do you mic the officiant and other members of the Wedding Party (ex. The Groom)?
Cocktail Hour (Music, Planning)
- What is your process for planning cocktail hour music?
- What music do you recommend for this part of the Wedding?
- What is your equipment setup?
Wedding Reception (Music, Master of Ceremonies, Planning, Request, Equipment)
- How long do you play for?
- What is your process for planning the reception music?
- How do you choose music? What is expected on the bride and grooms end?
- What equipment do you use in your reception setup?
- Do you handle the Master of Ceremonies process (MC announcements, toasts, dinner, first dance, etc)
- Do you provide the microphone for toasts and speeches?
- Do you take song requests?
Payment (Quotes, Deposit, Contract)
- Do you provide quotes? Are they online?
- Do you require a deposit? If so, how much to reserve you (the DJ)?
- How do you handle final payment?
- Do you have any extra fees?
- Do you have a contract?
Extras and Miscellaneous (Liability Insurance, Back Up Equipment, Emergencies, Cancellation Policies, etc)
- Do you have Liability Insurance and a business license? Do DJs that work under you have Insurance?
- What do you do in case of emergency situations?
- Do you have backup equipment in case something of yours fails?
- Do you have other DJs on call in case you are not available?
- What if I cancel my Wedding? What is your refund policy?
Have more questions? Click the button below: